Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pulp, not Fantasy.....


Just a note.

If you are going to lift from RPG resources on the web; lean toward Supernatural Pulp, rather than High Fantasy.

Case in point this totally neat Terra Incognita site.

http://nagssociety.com/resources/resources.htm


It seems so obvious now, The Nights are more Supernatural Pulp than High Fantasy in tone and temperament; real people in a supernatural world, not supernatural people in the real world.
I was brought up on D&D and I thought that would be the way to build an Arabian game. Realization came to me while I was deconstructing the D&D Illusionist class to see what useful bits would fit into the Arabian milieu. While gutting the spell list I remembered that Jeff's Cliffhangers adventure was much easier fit; in cooking it's always better to add than subtract.

No comments:

Post a Comment